2022 Living With Epilepsy Scholarship
The personal injury attorneys at KaplunMarx are thrilled to be hosting the second year for our $1000 Living with Epilepsy Scholarship. We want to support those whose lives are affected by epilepsy and help spread awareness about this disease.
How to Apply
This $1,000 scholarship is available to a student who has been diagnosed or whose family member, friend, or another individual they are close to, has been diagnosed with epilepsy or another seizure disorder.
We want to hear how your diagnosis has affected your life, whether that is having the responsibility to care for someone with epilepsy or how you’ve had to learn to take care of yourself. Have there been instances where the disease has pushed you to succeed rather than hindered you? What obstacles have you overcome? Are there any important moments in your life that have occurred because of your diagnosis? Tell us your story.
- The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, college student or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and who is enrolled in a two to five year post-secondary institution for the 2022 semester.
- Employees of KaplunMarx, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing.
- The candidate must submit a 750+ word essay response to the prompt: How has epilepsy affected your life? Have there been instances where the disease has pushed you to succeed rather than hindered you? What obstacles have you overcome? Are there any important moments in your life that have occurred because of your diagnosis?
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- The candidate must submit an unofficial transcript from their current school. First-year college students, high school students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their most recent school, as well as their acceptance letter into the new university.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to email@example.com.
Deadline: February 28, 2022. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “KaplunMarx – 2022 Living with Epilepsy Scholarship Application.”
2021 Scholarship Winner: Ethan Ryder
Ethan is currently a senior at Montclair High School with a deep interest in Math, Physics and Computer Science. In his spare time, he enjoys working on maker projects, playing chess, and biking. Ethan lives in Montclair, NJ with his parents, sister, dog, two cats, and giant fish. He is looking forward to starting college this Fall and majoring in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
Reaction statement: It is estimated that epilepsy affects more people than autism spectrum disorder, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, and Parkinson’s combined, and yet it is rarely talked about. For one-third of people living with epilepsy, seizures continue despite treatment and there is no cure. I’m very grateful to KaplunMarx for this generous scholarship and for raising awareness of epilepsy.
The team at KaplunMarx is passionate about helping to find a cure for this difficult disease. We hope to bring together our community and raise awareness, as well as funds for the local epilepsy community. Check out some of the programs and events we have supported through the years.
WALK TO END EPILEPSY
The Marx family in the Phillies dugout at CBP, on the epilepsy walk, a cause that hits close to home for all of us at KaplunMarxLEARN MORE
Finding a cure for Epilepsy is a cause that Kaplunmarx wholeheartedly supports, thank you to EFEPA for the wonderful Epilepsy Gala event.LEARN MORE
END EPILEPSY WALK
Thank you EFEPA and Epilepsy FDN for allowing us to be part of such a worthwhile cause, we ❤️ and support all the epilepsy warriors!LEARN MORE