2021 Living with Epilepsy Scholarship
The personal injury attorneys at KaplunMarx are thrilled to launch the first year of our Living with Epilepsy Scholarship. We want to support those whose lives are affected by epilepsy and help spread awareness about this disease. It’s important to further the conversation around epilepsy and get involved in supporting those whose lives are impacted. The fight against epilepsy is something everyone at our firm cares very deeply about. Like many families, Jon Marx, a founding partner of our law firm, deals with the epilepsy of a loved one on a daily basis. Seeing this disease first hand motivates us to continue working towards a cure. This is why our team at KaplunMarx want to give back to the epilepsy warriors out there.
This $1,000 scholarship is available to a student who has been diagnosed or whose family member, friend, or other individual they are close to has been diagnosed with epilepsy or another seizure disorder. We want to hear how your diagnosis has affected your life, whether that is having the responsibility to care for someone with epilepsy or how you’ve had to learn to take care of yourself. Have there been instances where the disease has pushed you to succeed rather than hindered you? What obstacles have you overcome? Are there any important moments in your life that have occured because of your diagnosis? Tell us your story.
- The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, college student or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia and who is enrolled in a two to five year post-secondary institution for the 2021 semester.
- Employees of KaplunMarx, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling, and spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing.
- The candidate must submit a 750+ word essay response to the prompt: How has epilepsy affected your life? Have there been instances where the disease has pushed you to succeed rather than hindered you? What obstacles have you overcome? Are there any important moments in your life that have occured because of your diagnosis?
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- The candidate must submit an unofficial transcript from their current school. First-year college students, high school students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their most recent school, as well as their acceptance letter into the new university.
The recipient of the Living with Epilepsy Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to email@example.com by February 28, 2021. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “KaplunMarx – 2021 Living with Epilepsy Scholarship Application.”